Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Submarine Project




Third project for class is to create two anthropomorphic animal characters, one captain and one co-pilot for a submarine. I went with ravens, after thinking about different animals that would look out of place underwater, because 1) I never drew anthro birds before, 2) birds would be a great contrast to the underwater setting, and 3) ravens are practically my dad's favorite thing ever so I wanted it to be kind of a homage to him.
Greatest challenge for me was the interior. I had the drawing down but I wish I set in more time than I thought needed to work out the color and lighting. This is something that I hope to fix in the next project and shoot for an actual finish on both the characters and the environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment