Tuesday, December 24, 2013

gambino is a mastermind

As a way to get ready for my Romeo and Juliet personal project, I started studying how to paint darker skin colors. I first went with copying Childish Gambino's cover from his new album, because the internet, because I've been listening to it recently. Check it out if you have the chance as it really expands beyond the music: he wrote a screenplay (becausetheinter.net), made a short film before the album release, and a bunch of other stuff to make it a more immersive experience.

 Here's the video for one of his singles, 3005.
Pretty simple video but goes beyond just a simple ride on the ferris wheel with his beloved teddy bear.


 Here's what I painted, 1 hour and a half study:

And here's the original album cover.


That's it for now. Have a merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment